Carnivorous Pitcher Plant

Carnivorous Pitcher Plant
one of the first plants in our swim pond

Saturday 16 April 2011

Background

We live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. This is a subtropical climate so naturally we have a swimming pool. In April 2011 we decided to turn it into a natural swimming pond. That means no more chlorine or other chemicals! Instead we will have plants, insects, frogs and fish to swim with!

Well that's the plan. This blog will record what happens - success or failure. I know I am taking a risk making this public but this site will record our progress for our own reflection as well as allowing comment and assistance from our friends. So here goes …

2 comments:

  1. Great headline photo (I wish I had taken it!).... but its in the "old" pool right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was in the pool before we drained it. What's more it did not survive the lack of a secure position in the pool. It fell over and drowned. However I have bought a replacement which will have pride of place when the planting is done and the pool refilled.

    The photo was taken with my iPad.

    ReplyDelete